Assistant Director of Sales – Groups & Events
Comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Groups & Events organizer under consideration of the client’s detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilization and selling of the hotel’s conference & sleeping rooms and revenue maximization in compliance with Kempinski standards.
The consolidation and advancement of the hotels market position is guaranteed by setting and meeting new standards in response and follow up time and focusing on the conversion of the inquiries to definite bookings.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of events & groups requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply the Kempinski MICE SOP’s from group inquiry to contracting.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilization of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realize up sell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the inquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator to the client.
- Conduct exit interview with important customer after their event – asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximizes its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Further administrative tasks and other possible assigned duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Sales. Preferably in a 5 star hotels in same position
- Knowledge of hotel business operations
Fluent English, Good written and verbal communication
Additional languages is a strong asset
Previous sales and events / banquets, preferably in Hotel, and positions of leadership and supervision teams
Ability to Manage Stress situations, always promoting a constructive and positive attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Software: Excel and Word
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Dec 30, 2020