Assistant Executive Housekeeper-Local Hire – (in English)
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They oversee and direct all cleaning and maintenance operations on Floors and Public Area. Closely monitor all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free. In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, they are fully responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department.
- The job of Assistant Executive Housekeeper is executed satisfactorily when:
- Revenues, Expenses and Profit are closely monitored and budgeted figures (over)-achieved.
- Hygiene standards are strictly monitored and followed.
- Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
- On a daily basis, assign duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follow up on the progress and keep the Executive Housekeeper informed.
- Check rooms randomly and particularly all those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinate the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests.
- Inspect Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipments and amenities are clean and are well maintained; verify the work performed by outside contractors to ensure compliance to their contract; and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards.
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants.
- Identify the department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
- Keep the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all information relevant to their job duties.
- Anticipate and maintain all equipments and supplies and assure their availability. Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipments and tools.
- Handle comments and requests from guests and other departments to meet their satisfaction. Make recommendations to Executive Housekeeper on improving the services provided by the Housekeeping Department.
- Monitor housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures and Health and Safety procedures for employees and guests.
- Participate in various housekeeping projects such as general cleaning, which involve scheduling, inspections, records keeping, follow-up, and communication with other related departments.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the preparation of the annual manning guide, the CAPEX budget and departmental budget in order to meet the business objectives.
- Accomplish several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- College Degree or its equivalence in Administration of Hotel Management.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Housekeeping management position; preferably in a 5 star hotel
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
- Operational knowledge of housekeeping equipment and machine,including washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine.
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Knowledge of chemicals
- Knowledge and Skills on Cleaning techniques
- Knowledge on cleaning products, equipment and machine
- Knowledge on housekeeping procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Microsoft Office Applications
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with superb presentation and grooming
- Strong management skills and ability to inspire those in others
- Experience in revenue management would be an advantage
- Analytical and problem solving skills and execution of work
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra Ghana
Jul 26, 2022