Assistant Executive Housekeeper – Saudi Nationals – (in English)
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They oversee and direct all cleaning and maintenance operations on Floors and Public Area. Closely monitor all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free. In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, they are fully responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department.
- Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
- On a daily basis, assign duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follow up on the progress and keep the Executive Housekeeper informed.
- Check rooms randomly and particularly all those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinate the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests.
- Inspect Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipments and amenities are clean and are well maintained; verify the work performed by outside contractors to ensure compliance to their contract; and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards.
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants.
- Identify the department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
- Keep the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all information relevant to their job duties.
- Anticipate and maintain all equipments and supplies and assure their availability. Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipments and tools.
- Handle comments and requests from guests and other departments to meet their satisfaction. Make recommendations to Executive Housekeeper on improving the services provided by the Housekeeping Department.
- Monitor housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures and Health and Safety procedures for employees and guests.
- Participate in various housekeeping projects such as general cleaning, which involve scheduling, inspections, records keeping, follow-up, and communication with other related departments.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the preparation of the annual manning guide, the CAPEX budget and departmental budget in order to meet the business objectives.
- Accomplish several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc. Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum five years of experience in a same field.
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
- Local language excellent oral and written
- English good oral and written
- Leadership skills required
- Must be Saudi national
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Jan 06, 2021