Assistant Housekeeping Manager – (in English)
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The incumbent in this position is responsible for supporting the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They oversee and direct all cleaning and maintenance operations on Floors and Public Area. Closely monitor all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free. In the absence of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper, they are fully responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Responsible for daily organization, guidance and control of supervisor depending on occupancy and work schedule.
- Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
- On a daily basis, assign duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follow up on the progress and keep the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper informed.
- Check rooms randomly and particularly all those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinate the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests.
- Inspect Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipment and amenities are clean and are well maintained; verify the work performed by outside contractors to ensure compliance to their contract; and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards.
- Identify the department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
- Keep the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all information relevant to their job duties.
- Anticipate and maintain all equipment and supplies and assure their availability. Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipment and tools.
- Handle comments and requests from guests and other departments to meet their satisfaction. Make recommendations to Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper on improving the services provided by the Housekeeping Department.
- Monitor housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures and Health and Safety procedures for employees and guests.
- Participate in various housekeeping projects such as general cleaning, which involve scheduling, inspections, records keeping, follow-up, and communication with other related departments.
- Accomplish several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural workforce is an advantage.
- Experience in similar capacity for 2-3 years in 5 Star Luxury Hotel Chain is required.
- Have strong verbal and written English skills as well as knowledge on Microsoft Office applications and Opera Systems.
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Very strong individual to lead a huge diverse team
- Strong knowledge of rooms operations is highly required
- Additional knowledge of foreign language is an advantage
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Jun 06, 2022