Assistant Reservations Manager
Assistant Reservations Manager
Reporting to the Reservations and Revenue Manager, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department and ensuring that all data is entered into the system in a timely and accurate manner.
He / She will be Cooperating with the Reservations and Revenue Manager in managing all daily tasks and aspects of reservations (cut off dates, rooming lists, guest complaints).
The candidate shall also ensure that all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS are effectively managed.
Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Manage rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in occupancy, average rate and revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Review OCM & PMS availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents’ commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters set-up in corporate design, if applicable.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Test calls LQA / IFH results > 85%.
- Maintain an internal up sell programme for the Reservations department (benefits / team competition).
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma.
- Previous experience in a similar role and proven track record in Luxury Hotels is required.
- Three (3) years experience in Reservations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Opera.
- Presentable with a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of hotel products and services.
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Jan 29, 2019
Mar 15, 2019