Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa , a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Assistant Spa Manager
To take 100% responsibility for assisting the Spa Director to manage a successful Resense spa via leading the spa team effectively to deliver and exceed the guests’ expectations and maximise profitability in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures & policies.
• To oversee the spa in absence of the Spa Director and have a clear understanding of, and to always work in line with, all related standards, core values, visions and goals of Resense Spa.
• Provide a service that is responsible, continuous, spontaneous, personal and genuine. This requires a very high level of communication and social skills to take responsibility for the whole team.
• Actively contributing in and directing all meetings as necessary.
Take responsibility for ensuring maximised booking & service delivery of guest journey
by concierges & therapists from beginning to end.
• Take full responsibility for assisting the Spa Director in reviewing all suggestions and comments from staff and guests and making necessary adjustments.
• Full responsibility for assisting the Spa Manager monitoring all facility and service standards and keeping him/her up to date of any operational opportunities.
• To deal with problems, enquiries and complaints from Spa clientele & informing the Spa Manager.
• To ensure that the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures are implemented and monitored in particular with relation to cleanliness and hygiene.
• To maintain and update equipment, product, service and standards as required.
• To take care of Spa & Fitness Centre guests and members in an individually focused and conscious way. To know and remember their names, preferences and to acknowledge and make them feel cared for in the spa.
• To ensure all spa team members are following the training & procedures for the guest journey and that sales of treatments and products are maximised.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility at all times.
•To assist in achieving agreed commercial targets at the spa through the planned co-ordinated development of the facility and the implementation of the treatment and activity programme.
• To liaise with the Spa Director on forecasts, stock levels, requisitions, budget, targets etc. and ensure a par stock level appropriate to business demands.
Recruitment and Training:
• To motivate, encourage and drive the team, and to maintain the correct level of professional and qualified personnel, overseeing all facilities and activities within the spa.
• To be responsible for instigating progressive, professional and well organised training and assessment of staff and to conduct performance appraisals as required. Oversee weekly schedules, attendance sheets, sick leave and holiday arrangements.
• Supervise spa therapists, concierges & attendants, answering queries and identifying training needs.
• Develop the therapists’ roster and assist the concierges with the appointment schedule.
• Ensure the spa’s operating procedures and policy manuals are implemented and updated as required with the approval of Resense and assist with the development and updating of the spa menu.
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records and statistics on the spa employees.
• Will take full responsibility for assisting the Spa Director to monitor operating supplies for the spa department and to generate necessary purchase requisitions.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated toplease, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra Ghana
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Jun 18, 2022
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 220000XP