Bartender – (in English)
Bartender is responsible in serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
HOTEL INDONESIA KEMPINSKI JAKARTA
Located in the heart of Central Jakarta by the famous Bundaran HI, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta offers 5-star accommodations with sweeping views of the city’s skyline. Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta features 289 rooms and suites, an array of gastronomic restaurants and shops, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, lavish ballrooms and a traditional spa. Integrated with the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Asia’s Largest mall, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta also offers unmatched convenience for all its guests.
- Responsible to Assistant Bar Manager.
- Responsible for Barman/ Barmaid & Host/ Hostess
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Be able to lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Be able to ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Be able to ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Bar Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of the Bar Manager and Assistant Bar Manager.
- Be very knowledgeable about all service procedures of the bars, lounges and restaurants in the hotel.
- Have an excellent understanding of food in general, ingredients and preparations to ensure the right drinks, cocktails and spirit can be recommended.
- Have an excellent understanding of classic cocktails, their recipes and history.
- Have an excellent understanding of today’s cocktail trends as well as spirits and liqueurs.
- Be able to control stocks, produce efficient costing of cocktails and spirits as well as perform excellent recommendations to guests.
- Be knowledgeable of the preparation of a large number of classic cocktails and all standard long drinks.
- Participate in at least 2 national competitions per year.
- Be able to develop new recipes based on guest requests.
- Be able to fully comply to the beverage guidelines given by the hotel and management.
- Show an interest to develop and explore the local bar culture and knowing the places to go.
- Be able to run a bar from A-Z with all mise en place preparations, production of cocktails, cashiering as well as shift end duties.
- Have accomplished all internal trainings for up selling techniques, complaint handling and product knowledge.
- Understand bar culture and the night life scene.
- Continuously train on cocktails and trends.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Hospitality Management or related field
- Having min. 1 year experience in F&B Serving role
- Awards/ certificates/ trainings related to bar operations are preferred
- Excellent in English, both oral and written
- Adaptability, Energetic, and Thrive Under pressure
- Computer literacy – Ms. Office
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now manages a portfolio of 76 five-star hotels and residences in 31 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage. The portfolio comprises historic landmark properties, award-winning urban lifestyle hotels, outstanding resorts and prestigious residences. Each one is imbued with the quality guests have come to expect from Kempinski while embracing the cultural traditions of its location. Kempinski is a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta
Apr 19, 2022