Commis – (in English)
SCOPEPrepare the mise en place and handle food preparation and assist with food presentation as part of the kitchen brigade.OVERALL OBJECTIVESThe job of Commis is executed satisfactorily when:
- Kitchen equipment is prepared for use.
- Communication is polite and displays courtesy to guests and internal customers.
- Familiarity with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures is displayed and equipment is operated safely and sensibly.
- Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures is demonstrated and it is ensured that all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- HACCP is implemented and practiced.
- Prepare kitchen equipment for use.
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for menu items.
- Prepare simple food items.
- Prepare food for service.
- Assist with checking, receiving and storing of goods.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Clean kitchen and equipment.
- Handle waste and linen.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and high standards of personal hygiene.
- Attend all briefings.
- Participate in training.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Jul 31, 2019