Cost Controller – (in English)
OVERALL OBJECTIVESTo safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To effectively audit, analyze and interpret all aspects of material handling within the hotel. Summarize and report findings and improvement suggestions on deficiencies. Provide the departments with the information needed to efficiently run their operation.The job of Cost Controller is executed satisfactorily when:
- F&B POS system is up date with current pricing.
- Cost reports are created and distributed monthly.
- Random spot checks are performed and documented.
- Stocks in storeroom and outlets are on par with demand period.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for performing spot checks of the receiving of goods and verifying accuracy of deliveries.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in the culinary area and verifying yielding and wastage.
- Responsible for verifying that food recipes are accurate and have updated cost and sale prices, as well as compliance during preparation.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in Housekeeping, Laundry and Stewarding areas and verifying use of materials in regards to dosage and proper use.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in the bars and verifying recipes and portion standards are followed.
- Responsible for randomly auditing the market list and use of seasonal items.
- Responsible for performing audits to ensure that inventory movements are recorded correctly.
- Responsible for documenting and filing all findings and recommendation.
- Responsible for performing random inventories and verifying accuracy versus the perpetual inventory as well as that the stock levels are on par with current needs.
- Responsible for creating and distributing monthly cost reports.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in invoices or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Jul 08, 2019