Director of Food & Beverage – (in English)
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing
Conveniently connected to the Chongqing International Convention & Exhibition Centre, a 30 minute drive from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport. The hotel features 416 rooms and suites, and offers guests a variety of dining choices. Five innovative food and beverage options include, Elements All Day Dining Restaurant, Guo Hui Yan Chinese Restaurant, Beer Garden, The Lounge and the Kempi Deli. For meetings and weddings, a 650 sqm Ballroom and 6 luxuriously appointed meeting-and boardrooms are available.
Director of Food & Beverage
To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our Food & Beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. To drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department in Kempinski Hotel XYZ while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food & beverage products and services.
- Prepare/consolidate the yearly budget for the department in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Prepare the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, hold the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef.
- Conduct daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Take the necessary disciplinary actions, when needed, in accordance with local legislations.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Source the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Handle guest complaints in prompt and courteous manner.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan fot the department in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis and a revision of global trends
- Conduct the competitor analysis through on-site inspections to assess the local food & beverage offering including both hotel outlets and stand-alone restaurants.
- Analyse the global trends by reviewing print and web based media and attend local/regional trade shows and gastranomic events.
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s PR Manager in regards to hotel’s Food & Beverage outlets and events.
- Ensure that all Outlet Managers are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their product and service meet the demands.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with the trainers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective outlet specific training programs.
- Assume Executive duties as assigned by the General Manager in accordance with the hotel’s duty manager roster.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the main point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Ensure that all outlet concepts are followed and that alterations or reviews of concepts are brought to the attention of the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events.
- Provide support for the Corporate Food & Beverage Team as requested in accordance with the hotel-corporate agreement
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum five 5 years in an F&B management role.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a 5* hotel, preferably experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- A successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- A strong communicator with fluent Mandarin and English skills, outstanding leadership and training credentials, solid food & beverage knowledge, and a good network in the local market is preferred.
- This role reports directly to General Manager of the Hotel.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- About Kempinski
At Kempinski Hotels we provide ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing China
Head of Department
Jan 07, 2022