Director of Food & Beverage – Talent Pool Americas – Caribbean Openings – (in English)
Region Americas – Caribbean Kempinski is expanding in the Americas, and looking for experienced hoteliers for its new openings: people with an adventurous spirit eager to pioneer new remote and exclusive destinations across the Caribbean islands, still untouched by mass-tourism.
Director of Food & Beverage
To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our Food & Beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. To drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department, while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations.
- Ensure and maintain service quality, guest satisfaction and establish service protocols with the teams.
- Lead by example by reporting to duty on time by wearing business attire in accordance with the hotel’s dress code and Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high level of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow suit.
- Supervise all services (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banquets, room service, bar).
- Be informed of all the services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the executive chef.
- Hold daily or weekly Food and Beverage meetings.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Get the best products available, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about products both internally and externally.
- Handle guest complaints promptly and courteously.
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s Public Relations Manager regarding the hotel’s Food and Beverage outlets and events.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of new and seasonal products in the market.
- Develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with trainers monthly.
- Respond to any changes within the Food and Beverage department as directed by hotel management.
- Implement policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- To occupy this position, the candidate must identify with the fundamental values of Kempinski, in addition they must be especially:
- Minimum five (5) years in an F&B management position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a 5* hotel, preferably experience in a successful independent food and beverage operation and preferably a Los Caribes experience.
- Strong communicator with fluent Spanish and English skills, outstanding leadership and training credentials, and a solid knowledge of food and beverage preferred.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances, and find proactive and rational solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hotel staff and customers/suppliers.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Passionate about Food and Beverages/gastronomy.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Tolerant and open-minded.
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations and computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Discover a career crafted by you.
Talent Pool General
Feb 10, 2022