The spectacular five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Ideally located between Al Khobar and Dammam, the hotel provides easy access to the business district and is just minutes from popular shopping malls.
Director of Human Resources
The Director of HR supports the General Manager in all decision relating to strategic, organisational, and operational people matters for the property. The role helps to drive organisational performance on the objectives of Quality (through effective recruitment, development, and engagement of capable and motivated team members), Performance (through robust performance management, reward and recognition), and Compliance (through compliant and efficient HR Operations, policies & procedures).
- As a Business Partner to the hotel’s General Manager and trusted advisor to the management team, support the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the hotel by creating and delivering a strategic HR agenda focused on attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent, ensuring effective performance management, supporting organizational design and workforce planning, and ensuring efficient and compliant HR operations;
- Support and coach the leadership teams in any organizational and people topics, to help them achieve their guest service and business objectives;
- Maintain and develop a strong employer brand in the local market and beyond, implement effective and innovative search and selection for senior as well as volume recruitment in multiple geographies and through a variety of sources, as well as an effective on boarding process;
- Drive strong colleague engagement through employee communication and creative activities and events and ensure proactive follow up on engagement survey results and ongoing feedback, handle staff grievance issues proactively;
- Understand the competitive positioning of the hotel as an employer in the market and create appropriate compensation & benefits structures based on market and internal benchmarking;
- Ensure an efficient and compliant HR administration according to Kempinski standards and local requirements, including supervision of internal and external payroll services.
- Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law and handle any legal issues including staff disciplinary actions;
- Effectively lead a large HR team including recruiting, HR administration, and staff accommodation functions;
- Project manage the roll-out of new global initiatives at the hotel and contribute to the design and implementation of new tools, e.g. HR information systems;
- Ensure that corporate and local Human Resources policies & procedures are communicated through proper channels, depending on audience, and implemented accordingly;
- Plan and implement an annual budget and manning guide, following up closely on personnel costs, and preparing local management reporting as well as corporate reports.
- Constantly control payroll expenses and keep them in line with the hotel’s business performance;
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in law, business administration, economics, HR management;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR management roles in the luxury hospitality industry, with at least 3 years of leadership of large HR teams;
- Planning & Organization: able to plan, prioritize and implement strategic and operational Human Resources activities, while streamlining departmental processes and organizing well-structured teams;
- Commercial Acumen: excellent understanding of hotel’s financial results and commercial drivers, and the ability to continuously analyse the performance of the HR department against current business needs;
- Leadership: able to achieve high performance, by inspiring and motivating a large HR team as well as the ExCom group; engaging with all managers and staff and having a strong impact on the organisational culture;
- Impact & Influence: able to engage, influence, and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; negotiate win-win solutions in challenging circumstances;
- Languages: proficiency in Arabic and English;
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
About Kempinski Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Oct 19, 2020
Nov 18, 2020