As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
Director of Revenue Management
The mission of the Director of Revenue Management is to contribute to the success and profitability of the hotel by improving any revenue stream, selling the right mix of products and services, at the right price, at the right time, to the right customer, at the right customer touch point, using the right distribution network.
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management using competitive reports.
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS.
- Ensure all distribution channels are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the following 365 days.
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new Revenue Management tools, including but not limited to PMS, RMS, CRS, Channel Manager.
- Compliance to Kempinski standards for Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segments, Profiles and all other PMS related Revenue Management functionalities.
- Communicate and convey the strategic vision and objectives on driving revenue and improving performance to all relevant stakeholders.
- Produce day-by-day room forecast and 12 months rolling forecast.
- Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Management meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting, Monthly Forecasting Meetings, providing Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
- Produce all relevant components pertaining to Revenue Management Budget.
- Train and develop the Revenue, Reservations, and Sales team on the relevant areas, and delegating effectively.
- Perform evaluation of accounts.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Opera central systems knowledge Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Knowledge of RateTiger
- Knowledge of Synxis, EZRMS, Demand360, Rate360, Agency360 is preferred, or knowledge of a Revenue Management system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Revenue Management, including electronic distribution
- A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property or several properties
- Experience with Revenue Management reports and market performance reports
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureat (Abitur), A-level exam and a Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
- 3+ years experience in a managerial Revenue & Digital Distribution job
- Knowledge of the Asian luxury market, with emphasis on China, Beijing
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional languages beneficial
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Apr 27, 2019