Director of Rooms
The Director of Rooms is responsible to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all operational aspects of Rooms Division related departments (Front office, Housekeeping, Laundry, Spa, Recreation etc.) and ensuring that the various departments are run according to the standards set for the brand in general and the hotel specifically.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Participate in development and preparation of hotel’s strategic plan.
- Preparation of budget and monitoring of revenues.
- Profit and loss responsibility.
- Coordinate with revenue Management and Sales to maximize room occupancy, rate and profits.
- Optimize revenue by sales-promoting activities and collaborating with revenue management in order to achieve the best possible Revenue Penetration Market Share in the market.
- Conduct interviews with potential candidates.
- Oversee all labour cost controls within budget limits and occupancy variances to maximum productivity.
- Manage all operational tasks including their delegation and follow-up.
- Implement and evaluate procedures and policies.
- Ensure clear communications with all other department heads.
- Regularly organize departmental meetings.
- Create career development plans for all employees who are either part of the Talent Pool or High Potentials.
- Maintain a high visibility with guests and employees.
- Pre-opening tasks and responsibilities where applicable.
- Conduct daily walk through to ensure quality standards and cleanliness in front and back of the house areas.
- Re-evaluate work flows to improve and optimize organization.
- Experience in a similar role (Director of Rooms) for minimum 2 years in a 5* luxury Hotel.
- UAE experience.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to replace the Hotel Manager or General Manager in their absence.
- Ability to motivate and supervise management team and employees.
- Budgeting experience.
- Planning and organizational skills.
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Jun 30, 2022