Kempinski Nile Hotel
Located in Egypt’s beautiful capital, Kempinski Nile Hotel offers guests a boutique five-star experience on the banks of the Nile River.
Right in the heart of Cairo’s Garden City district in down-town, guests are only a short drive from the Pyramids of Giza, shopping areas and local attractions.
Kempinski Nile Hotel caters to large groups, couples and solo travelers offering 137 rooms and 54 exclusive suites in an unforgettable environment. All suites come with their own private balcony so guests can relax and enjoy a beautiful view of the Nile River.
Director of Sales & Marketing
The Director of Sales & Marketing is in charge of reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
Responsible for orienting and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
This position focuses on hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base.
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centers, to ensure that information in reservation system’s database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongest the competition
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Egyptian Nationality.
- A minimum of five years experience in similar role within the luxury hospitality industry.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in Arabic and English; Any Additional languages are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent knowledge of Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect.
- Demonstrate the key leadership qualities with the focus on employees engagement.
- Revenue and target focus.
- Excellent negotiation skills and selling skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of the local market and related network.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Kempinski Nile Hotel Garden City Cairo
Jan 10, 2021
Apr 10, 2021