1. Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
2. Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
3. Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
4. Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
5. Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
6. Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
7. Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
8. Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
9. Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
10. Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
11. Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
12. Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
13. Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction.
14. Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
15. Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
1. A minimum of five (5) years sales and marketing experience in the hotel industry in a 5 star hotel category
2. Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
3. English – excellent oral and written skills
4. Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
5. Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
6. Demonstrate creative and innovative approach to Sales & Marketing activities
7. Negotiation skills and selling skills
8. Revenue and target focus
9. Strong oral and written communication skills
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Fuzhou
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Head of Department
Job Posting: May 15, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200000LN