Director of Sales & Marketing – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Executive Committee Member in charge of defining the hotel’s business strategy as well as its execution summarized in the business plan.
Responsible for orienting and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
This position focuses on hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base.
- Defining together with the Excom members, the hotel’s business strategy as well as its execution summarized in the business plan.
- Translating hotels strategic business orientation into sales plan, marketing plan, pricing structure for the departments
- Participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team in conjunction with People Services.
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economic data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (Salesforce/ Delphi), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
- Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
- Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
- Ensure a smooth customer journey along all touchpoints and enhance experience where necessary for hotel as well as O&A
- Be on top of industry trends and set footprint ahead of the market competition
- Drive brand awareness through key events, activities and partnerships
- Ensure all employees are aware of hotel and company news and can use them during their sales conversations with clients
- Conduct TTTT with direct reports as well as key talents
- Explore creative sales opportunities
- Implement and supervise yielding system for O&A leasing department
- Energize team and empower members to do what they can do best
- Provide sufficient training opportunities according to individual employee’s desires and needs
- Organize cross departmental team activities to create a unified ambience and feeling of “togetherness” among all commercial team members
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Education: College graduate with English Degree or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum five year related working experience.
Language: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Local language where applicable
- Additional language- beneficial
Competencies: To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Information management
- International etiquette
- Team building skills
- Planning/organization skills
- Problem solving skills
- Flexibility, initiative
- Results oriented
- Pro-active hospitality skills including guest service skills
Individual Characteristics: To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Other Skills （Computer）: Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel. Other skills depending on region and property.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Apr 21, 2022