Duty Manager – (in English)
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Under the guidance of the Front Office Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that long-term and short-term of the department are met. Support and assist Front Office and all Departments in the hotel to ensure a smooth, prompt and effective service to all guests.
Direct and manage Front Office in absence of the Front Office Manager, respectively Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Ensures that as per Kempinski Health & Safety Policy the Fire Exits are free of obstacles.
- Support and assist all Front Office sections.
- Ensures that all guests receives prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition and resolves related problems.
- Inform and co-ordinate with other operating departments e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales and Butlers of Front Office matters which may concern them.
- Check all correspondence of the day’s arrivals to familiarize with arrived and arriving guests and their needs, follows up as required.
- Control room availability for walk-ins and establishe accountability for guests departure dates and times.
- Follow up with Housekeeping any unresolved room discrepancies.
- Maintain reservation procedures, same day arrivals.
- Check all arrivals folios, follows up on credit standing of walk-in guests and validity of account to company instructions.
- Check all billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy. Follow up and resolve
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance and posture for all departmental employees.
- Ensures that all departmental information is kept accurately and up to date.
- Promotes in house sales and facilities to maximize hotel revenues.
- Understand and carries out duties in line with Hotel Emergency Procedures.
- Inspects Front and Back of house for cleanliness, Health & Safety and reports any faults to concerned departments.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinates/Assists security personnel in all related matters.
- Responds promptly to any operational requests from Front Office and other hotel departments.
- Attends to referred and unsolved problematic situations.
- Co-ordinates and assists with accommodation and transportation of guests in overbooked situations.
- Completes VIP, delegations and group leaders welcome and farewell as appropriate.
- Conduct efficient hand-over with coming Manager.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum one year of experience in a customer service position
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
- Local language excellent oral and written
- Excellent English oral & writen
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Sep 07, 2020