Under the guidance of the Front Office Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that the long-term and short-term of the department are met. Support and assist Front Office and all Departments in the hotel to ensure a smooth, prompt, and effective service to all guests.
Direct and manage Front Office in absence of the Front Office Manager, respectively Assistant Front Office Manager.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Ensures the smooth running of the operations on a day to day basis and in a proactive manner
- Ensures that as per Kempinski Health & Safety Policy the Fire Exits are free of obstacles
- Support and assist all Front Office sections.
- Ensures that all guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition and resolves related problems
- Inform and coordinate with other operating departments e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales and Butlers of Front Office matters which may concern them
- Check all correspondence of the day’s arrivals to familiarize with arrived and arriving guests and their needs, follows up as required
- Follow up with Housekeeping any unresolved room discrepancies
- Maintain reservation procedures, same-day arrivals
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance, and posture for all departmental employees
- Ensures that all departmental information is kept accurate and up to date
- Understand and carries out duties in line with Hotel Emergency Procedures
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis
- Responds promptly to any operational requests from Front Office and other hotel departments
- Attends to referred and unsolved problematic situations
- Completes VIP, delegations and group leaders welcome and farewell as appropriate
- Conduct efficient hand-over with coming Manager
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a 5 star international hotel chain
- Working knowledge of reservations department. Strong telephone etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Additional languages is a strong advantage
- Experience of supervising large team
- Combined background in Food and Beverage and Front Office a distinct advantage
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Jul 08, 2021