EAM Ic Food & Beverage – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
EAM Ic Food and Beverage
To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our Food & Beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. To drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department in Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations.
Guarantee of the normal sequences of operations in the abovementioned department seen from the angles of profitability, keeping and increasing the quality standards as well as the communication, management, instruction and supervision of the responsible departmental heads.
- All rules & regulations are strictly established and adhered to within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to the department’s full potential and budgets and forecasts are adhered to.
- All costs are in line with sales without compromising quality, i.e. minimum 85% LQA score.
- The department is driven in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and shared with other hotels via corporate office.
- Internal talents are grown to ensure a smooth transition in case or promotions and transfer.
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support career development by training, cross exposure, task force assignments and transfers.
- Grow talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Take the time to meet all new Food & Beverage employees.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s minimum for middle management, providing feedback on their job performance.
- Ensure that a succesion plan is in place to guarantee a seamless, efficient handover for all management positions.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food & beverage products and services.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual business plan, and sales and marketing plans.
- Monitors closely the profitability of all food and beverage outlets. Provides solutions to improve problem areas and assists in implementing corrective measures. Ensures that the departmental operational budget is strictly adhered to.
- Ensures that each outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre.
- Ensures that each outlet is managed by a management team who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- Set in close conjunction with each outlet manager, annual operating budgets which will from part of the business plan.
- Set and control with the general manager, controller and people service and training, any incentive scheme for outlet managers or other food & beverage heads of department.
- Prepare/consolidate the yearly budget for the department in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Prepare the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, hold the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef.
- Conduct daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Take the necessary disciplinary actions, when needed, in accordance with local legislations.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Source the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Handle guest complaints in prompt and courteous manner.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan fot the department in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis and a revision of global trends.
- Conduct the competitor analysis through on-site inspections to assess the local food & beverage offering including both hotel outlets and stand-alone restaurants.
- Analyse the global trends by reviewing print and web based media and attend local/regional trade shows and gastranomic events.
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s PR Manager in regards to hotel’s Food & Beverage outlets and events.
- Ensure that all Outlet Managers are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their product and service meet the demands.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with the trainers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective outlet specific training programs.
- Assume Executive duties as assigned by the General Manager in accordance with the hotel’s duty manager roster.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the main point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Ensure that all outlet concepts are followed and that alterations or reviews of concepts are brought to the attention of the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events.
- Provide support for the Corporate Food & Beverage Team as requested in accordance with the hotel-corporate agreement.
- Coordinates the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the food and beverage department. Ensures that all food and beverage forms and reports are forwarded on time to the relevant corporate, area and hotel offices properly.
- Plan and implement programs, policies and procedures and standards of performance to ensure that Kempinski international standards are met.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Nationality: No limited.
Education: College graduate with English Degree or equivalent.
Experience: In a similar position within 5 star hotels, overall proven track record in F&B Departments for a minimum period of 6 to 8 years.
Language:Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Local language where applicable
- Additional language- beneficial
Competencies:To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Ability to use good adaptability and flexibility, as well as their own influence, to proactively complete work tasks.
- Have a conscious awareness of customer service, and combine cross-cultural sensitivity with the development of local employees
- Communication skills, listening and presentation skills
- Writing skills and ability to write reports
- Entrepreneurship orientation, performance management, information management, innovation and quality-focused skills
- Be creative, possess personal charm and integrity
- Pay attention to personal image, self-development, self-motivation
- Have good physical fitness
- Fluent oral and written English skills.
- German – an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Work, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of office procedures and systems.
- Cross exposures in Marketing and Finance
- Good team player and corporate attitude.
Individual Characteristics:To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values; in addition, they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realis their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Jul 26, 2022