Executive Chef – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the food production of the 9 kitchen outlets, stewarding and banquet and catering operations in order to meet the business requirements with efficiency and effectiveness with the operating procedures and Kempinski Standards.
- Help to direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of all chefs and kitchen attendants, engaged in preparing and cooking food, to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth food service at all times.
- Develop attractive menus, creates standard recipe cards with pictorials according to hotel’s policy.
- Inspect storerooms, refrigerators and freezers daily to ensure no wastage.
- Control costs by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion controls.
- To be responsible for the quality and quantity of food received from the markets and stores.
- Always looking for costs saving and environmental ideas.
- Operate all outlets at an acceptable food and staff cost.
- Maximize employee productivity, in order to minimize payroll costs.
- Monitor all kitchen operating costs, take corrective action, to reduce expenses.
- Make twice monthly visits to markets, for product and price research.
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the standard set by the Kempinski hotel.
- Produce and check cooking and presentation of food.
- Make sure standard recipes are used, and food is presented according to pictorials.
- Make sure that all machines, furniture (fridges, benches, etc.), equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times. Checks all areas assigned to him in regards to sanitation and hygiene, to prevent contamination of any kind.
- Ensure the kitchen complies with health and safety standards as to prevent accidents.
- Hold Sous Chefs’ meeting and attends all necessary meetings.
- Ensure lines of communication within the outlet kitchen are effective.
- Maintain interdepartmental communication to avoid frictions of any kind.
- To identify market needs and trends.
- Monitor and analyses menus and products of competitive restaurant.
- Develop menus “specials” with meet the needs of target market and adhere to the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Plan and implement effective sales plans and food promotions.
- Actively greet regular guests and VIPs and takes attention of their personal needs.
- Plan and implement effective skills and communication training programmers in conjunction with the Human Resources Department and Departmental Trainers.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale, whilst consistently maintaining discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Motivate all staff adhere to grooming and presentation standards.
- Report all accidents, health and safety hazards.
- Develop or updates the kitchen operation manual.
- Maintain all hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel management and policies.
- To be in charge of food requisitions, orders and inter-kitchen transfers.
- Instigate maintenance requests if necessary, and check on completion.
- Responsible for the Duty Roster, Staff Leave and Attendance Record.
- In summary, it is not the intention to list all the responsibilities pertaining to this position, but to highlight the most important aspects
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Should be in abidance with the expectations defined in the job responsibilities
- Individual productivity, work efficiency
- Training of staff and their performance
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Employee Satisfaction Index measured on monthly basis
- Achievement of food cost for the kitchen
- Setup and achieve Kempinski DNA commitments
- Specialist in related job field
- Is directly responsible for the efficient performance of the following
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Feb 17, 2022