Executive Sous Chef – (in English)
Executive Sous Chef is under the direction of the Executive Chef and within the limits of established Kempinski procedures, assists in the direction of all aspects of the food production and Stewarding operations.
HOTEL INDONESIA KEMPINSKI JAKARTA
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta is located next to the iconic Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia Roundabout) fountain at the heart of the city’s main shopping, business and lifestyle district. Its 289 rooms and suites offer grand views of Jakarta city, and the hotel boasts an array of amenities that caters to conventions and weddings as well as a broad collection of restaurants and bars. Integrated with the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta also offers unmatched convenience for all its guests.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in their absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of Human Resources to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after consideration of hotel occupancy.
- Work with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree from Hospitality/Hotel Management School, Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in a kitchen management role, preferably with an international 5star hotel chain and with minimum 6 years’ experience kitchen experience in overall.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel's financial goals.
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial.
- Experience in handling a large Banqueting Operation is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both English and Bahasa
- Computer literacy – Ms. Office, Scala System
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now manages a portfolio of 76 five-star hotels and residences in 31 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage. The portfolio comprises historic landmark properties, award-winning urban lifestyle hotels, outstanding resorts and prestigious residences. Each one is imbued with the quality guests have come to expect from Kempinski while embracing the cultural traditions of its location. Kempinski is a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta
Nov 13, 2022