F&B Local Management Trainee – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
F&B Management Trainee
Responsible for assisting the daily administrative work of the catering department office, as well as the normal operation of the coordination and daily communication between the management and sub-departments of the catering department.
According to the operation status of the catering department, the management staff of the catering department will make job adjustments at any time. When providing food and beverage services to guests in restaurants, considerate, professional, efficient and flexible services should be achieved. Integrate with the purpose of Kempinski Hotel DNA, win customer satisfaction with meals according to the hotel’s service standards, and promote maximum sales.
- All administrative tasks and reports of the Food & Beverage Department are executed in a timely manner.
- The appointed tasks are executed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- The employee has gained a thorough understanding of the department’s administrative and operational tasks and is ready to assume a position equal to the level Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager in Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center or in other Kempinski properties.
Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Attend to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Attend daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Attend daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Ensure that minutes are taken at every meeting and circulated for further communication.
- Schedule and organize internal meetings when and as required during the monthly schedule.
- Liaise purchasing requirements for the Department with the hotels’ Purchasing Department.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any employee details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations to others.
- Assist in updating all departmental operations manuals annually.
- Prepare presentations and other documents required for the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly Food & Beverage reports.
- Work in close relation with all Department Heads.
- Assist operationally when required, especially during operational peaks or seasonal festivities and minimum once a week to ensure the upkeep of knowledge in the various outlets and departments.
- Coordinate the design of F&B menus, name tags and buffet signage when and as required.
- Ensure that menus are printed, correctly formatted and spell-checked up to standard.
- Seek ways to assist the outlet management maximising their revenues and profits.
- Monitor and report the quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Assist in handling of guest complaints.
- Monitor the Food & Beverage Departments’ annual leaves and regularly update the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotels banqueting departments.
- Assist the Outlet Managers in all actions plans and training programmes when and as required.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Attend all corporate conference calls.
- Handles all the incoming mails for the Food & Beverage and distributes accordingly to sections concerned in the shortest delay.
- Maintains an efficient and up-dated filing system for the Food & Beverage Department ensuring that all reports are duly filed.
- Handles administrative duties from various Food & Beverage outlets such as requests for office suppliers, petty cash, purchasing, coordinates the process and follows up.
- For the notifications of various activities issued by the marketing and banquet sales department, timely print and notify the relevant banquet services and relevant restaurant supervisors, and do the administrative and printing tasks for each event. In case of any changes, promptly notify the relevant banquet service personnel and restaurant management personnel to make corresponding adjustments according to the specific needs of the guests.
- Assist the F&B head of department to confirm and sign contracts with related suppliers and entertainment related units.
- Assist relevant F&B outlets to complete the attendance records and salary applications for casual labors
- Keeps abreast on hotel products and services as well as restaurant activities and promotion in F&B Department that may be of any interest to our guests in order to be able to answer guests’ questions.
- Handles the Kempinski Gift Card & other Club Card which sold by F&B Department Kempinski Preferred Card enrolment forms; Assisting in the application and processing the cards for the guest
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Education: Equivalent of a College Diploma in Secretarial training.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience as a secretary, preferable in Food & Beverage Department.
Language:Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language- beneficial
- Ability to use good adaptability and flexibility, as well as their own influence, to proactively complete work tasks
- Have a conscious awareness of customer service, and combine cross-cultural sensitivity with the development of local employees
- Communication skills, listening and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with local and expatriate staff
- Customer service orientation
- Writing skills and ability to write reports
- Sufficient skill in typing to complete 60 wpm accurately
- Ability to take sufficient notes at a meeting to prepare an accurate record of events
- Discreet and capable of dealing with confidential matters Be creative, possess personal charm and integrity
- Pay attention to personal image, self-development, self-motivation
- Have good physical fitness
- Fluent oral and written English skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Work, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of office procedures and systems.
- Good team player and corporate attitude.
Individual Characteristics:To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values; in addition, they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Entry Level Staff
Jul 19, 2022