Food & Beverage Coordinator
To function and perform as an administrator and coordinator for the Food and Beverage office while ensuring the upkeep of communication and carrying responsible for the daily tasks as outlined by the Head of Department. The Food & Beverage Coordinator must grow into the position of an equal level to Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai’s most sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five sprawling acres of territory. It combines five Food and Beverage outlets, the Parisian-inspired Cinq Mondes Spa, and private beach.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Support in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
- Support the preparation of the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Attend daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Attend daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Ensure that minutes are taken at every meeting and circulated for further communication.
- Schedule and organise internal meetings when and as required during the monthly schedule.
- Liaise purchasing requirements for the Department with the hotels’ Purchasing Department.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any employee details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations to others.
- Assist in updating all departmental operations manuals annually.
- Prepare presentations and other documents required for the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly Food & Beverage reports.
- Work in close relation with all Department Heads.
- Assist operationally when required, especially during operational peaks or seasonal festivities and minimum once a week to ensure the upkeep of knowledge in the various outlets and departments.
- Coordinate the design of F&B menus, name tags and buffet signage when and as required.
- Ensure that menus are printed, correctly formatted and spell-checked up to standard.
- Seek ways to assist the outlet management maximising their revenues and profits.
- Monitor and report the quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Assist in handling of guest complaints.
- Monitor the Food & Beverage Departments’ annual leaves and regularly update the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotels banqueting departments.
- Assist the Outlet Managers in all actions plans and training programmes when and as required.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Attend all corporate conference calls.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year in a Food & Beverage management role, preferably with a 5* hotel
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- Entrepreneurial attitude
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah - Dubai
May 19, 2019