Food &Beverage Secretary – (in English)
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing
Conveniently connected to the Chongqing International Convention & Exhibition Centre, a 30 minute drive from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport. The hotel features 416 rooms and suites, and offers guests a variety of dining choices. Five innovative food and beverage options include, Elements All Day Dining Restaurant, Guo Hui Yan Chinese Restaurant, Paulaner Brauhaus, The Lounge and the Kempi Deli. For meetings and weddings, a 650 sqm Ballroom and 6 luxuriously appointed meeting-and boardrooms are available.
Food &Beverage Secretary
To function and perform as an administrator and Secretary for the Food and Beverage office while ensuring the upkeep of communication and carrying responsible for the daily tasks as outlined by the Head of Department. The Food & Beverage Coordinator must grow into the position of an equal level to Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Support in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
- Support the preparation of the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management
- Attend daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Attend daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Ensure that minutes are taken at every meeting and circulated for further communication.
- Schedule and organise internal meetings when and as required during the monthly schedule.
- Liaise purchasing requirements for the Department with the hotels’ Purchasing Department.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any employee details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations to others.
- Assist in updating all departmental operations manuals annually.
- Prepare presentations and other documents required for the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly Food & Beverage reports.
- Work in close relation with all Department Heads.
- Assist operationally when required, especially during operational peaks or seasonal festivities and minimum once a week to ensure the upkeep of knowledge in the various outlets and departments.
- Coordinate the design of F&B menus, name tags and buffet signage when and as required.
- Ensure that menus are printed, correctly formatted and spell-checked up to standard.
- Seek ways to assist the outlet management maximising their revenues and profits
- Monitor and report the quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Assist in handling of guest complaints.
- Monitor the Food & Beverage Departments’ annual leaves and regularly update the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotels banqueting departments.
- Follow the global food & beverage trends
- Assist the Outlet Managers in all actions plans and training programmes when and as required.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Attend all corporate conference calls.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum two 2 years in F&B service role, preferably with a 5* hotel chain or in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
At Kempinski Hotels we provide ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing China
Dec 24, 2020