Food & Beverage Trainee (6 Months, 5 Vacancies) – (in English)
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
The job of Food & Beverage Intern is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered to within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including Basic Food Hygiene.
- A high quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The assigned outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Ensure that the Restaurant Outlets are clean, neat and tidy.
- Greeting and seating guests according to Kempinski standards.
- After seating, informing guests about specials and promotional menu as per standard procedures.
- Make suggestions and answer questions regarding food, beverages and service at the guest’s table.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and relay the order to kitchen staff and main-service bar as appropriate.
- Process guests’ orders in a timely manner whilst verifying that all items are prepared according to guests’ requests and standards.
- Keep a discreet eye on the guests to ensure they are satisfied with the food and service.
- Respond to any additional requests and determine when the course / meal has been completed.
- After each course, remove dirty dishes from table. After the meal, clean and reset the table according to the outlet standards.
- Present the bill to the guests according to the outlet standards.
- Up-sell or promote all specials advertised in the outlet as well promoting slow moving items. To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Food and Beverage items, ingredients and prices in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Responsible for all side duties described in the job task check list and to complete all side work prior to the opening and closing of the outlet.
- Follow the cash handling procedures and process all guest orders through MICROS before any dish or beverage is served as per standards.
- Stock the work stations as required.
- Clean equipment, polish silverware, china and glassware and fold napkins.
- Acquiring a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Keep immediate Supervisor or Outlet Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter of significance.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Supervisor or Outlet Manager if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- Handle all food, beverage and operating equipment with care, in order to minimize breakage / wastage.
- Ability to rotate throughout each of the food & beverage outlets.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Warm, pleasant, friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills.
- Possess good command of English
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Entry Level Staff
Jan 18, 2022