The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards. At all times, he/she must display a professional and positive image of the hotel as they play a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest receives of the hotel.
Çırağan Palace Kempinski İstanbul
The only Ottoman Imperial Palace and Hotel on the Bosphorus that once hosted Sultans, Çırağan Palace has a heritage that dates back to the 17th century. The building had different formations including a waterside summer villa and a marble palace. After a complete restoration and with the addition of a modern hotel building including elegant rooms, restaurants and meeting venues, the Hotel and Palace opened in 1991 as an accommodation and event venue managed by Kempinski, Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Being a landmark, Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul has various rooms in the hotel building, including 11 private palace suites in the historical Çırağan Palace. Moreover, it continues to be the iconic place to host the most prestigious and extravagant events, meetings, and weddings in Türkiye with having the beautiful indoor and outdoor venue alternatives. Since its opening, the royal-born continues to be the symbol of luxury combined with legendary Turkish hospitality and impeccable service dedicated to excellence. Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul is also very proud to be appreciated and awarded via many leading local and international valuable authorities, publications, and guests.
The job of Front Office Agent is executed satisfactorily when:
- Up-selling is focused on and executed in order to increase room revenues.
- Shift closing is done properly.
- Financial Policies and Procedures are supported and followed.
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards.
- Ensure that LQA results are above 85%.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaint.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Arabic speaking is a MUST
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Turkish speaking is beneficial
- Minimum Higher college education or preferably Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality
- Minimum of one year experience in a customer service position
- Preferably operational knowledge of front desk
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Preferably knowledge of OPERA
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Jun 10, 2022
Aug 09, 2022