Groups & Events Sales Manager – (in English)
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Surrounded by Cabrits National Park, the unobtrusive design of this peaceful, hidden away five-star luxury resort in Dominica preserves the natural beauty and ecosystem of this stunning, unexplored volcanic island. The 151-room resort, with its breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea, invites guests to indulge in luxury with amenities such as a full-service Kempinski The Spa, international cuisine at 4 restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. It also has two floodlit tennis courts, 4 sparkling swimming pools, and meeting space for executive retreats and intimate weddings. The resort is on the doorstep of the island’s matchless natural attractions and is committed to protecting the authenticity of this pristine eco-tourism paradise while offering an enriching guest experience that strikes a natural balance between land and sea.
Groups & Events Sales Manager
Comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Group & Event organiser under consideration of the client’s detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilisation and selling of the hotel’s conference & sleeping rooms and revenue maximisation in compliance with Kempinski standards.
The consolidation and advancement of the hotel’s market position are guaranteed by setting and meeting new standards in response and follow-up time and focusing on the conversion of the enquiries to definite bookings.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of event & group requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply the Kempinski MICE SOP’s from group enquiry to contracting.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilisation of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realise up-sell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent-out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the enquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator to the client.
- Conduct exit interviews with important customers after their event – asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases its market share and maximises its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in the country of hire
- Willingness to relocate to Portsmouth, Dominica
- CARICOM Experience is preferred
- College Degree in Hospitality required, University or Hotel School education preferred.
- Previous experience in Groups & Events management, Reservations or Sales preferred
- Previous experience of a minimum of three (3) years in luxury hotels is required
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Event & Group revenue goals
- Relevant experience in Event & Group management. Hotel Operations experience a plus
- Analytical approach to problem-solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Groups & Events:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Oct 24, 2022