Head Baker – (in English)
Description – External
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
Head Baker Is in charge of the day to day operation in his/her respective outlet
- Helps to direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of all chefs and kitchen attendants, engaged in preparing and cooking food, to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth food serve at all times
- Daily makes sure that there is no wastage in storeroom, refrigerators and freezers
- Checks the quality and quantity of food received from the markets and stores
- Is always looking for cost saving and environment ideas
- Assists in operating his outlet at an acceptable food and staff cost
- Maximizes his productivity, in order to minimize payroll cost
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef to control cost by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion control
- Monitors all kitchen operating costs and takes corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses
- Keep grooming match with standard.
- Conduct health regulation, safety policy.
- Settle danger situation and inform potential danger.
- Carry out all the process of safety emergency.
- Keep analysis, evaluate, improve self-behaviour.
- Comply with code of conduct.
- Comply with Staff Handbook and related policies.
- Complete the temporary job assigned by the reporting leader.
- Entirely in charge of Pastry kitchen’s operating work in circumstance of Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Pastry Sous Chef is absent
- Ensures that all food is prepared and served according to the standard set by Executive Chef
- Produces and checks cooking and presentation of food
- Makes sure standard recipes are used, and food is presented according to pictorials
- Makes sure that all machines, equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times. Checks all areas assigned to him in regards to sanitation and hygiene to prevent contamination of any kind
- Ensure the Kitchen complies with health and safety standards as to prevent accidents
- Maintains interdepartmental communication to avoid frictions of any kind
- Cooperate and maintain the relationship with the relevant kitchen outlets
- Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Creates new products
- Ensures that all mise- en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
- Ensures all food requests within the time parameters, set by the resort and always displays attributes of genuine hospitality.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
- Ensures expire dates are labelled on products that are required.
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Maintains and creates a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
- Attends the daily kitchen briefings.
- Handles any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per Policy & Procedure.
- Exhibits outstanding knowledge of the hotel
- Knows and applies resort’s Policies & Procedures, including those for the emergency situations.
- Represents the Culinary team in an absolute correct manner when in public areas
- Maximizes his and the team member’s productivity moral and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation
- Motivates all staff to perform their duties by demonstrating professionalism, organisational skills and team spirit
- Ensures all staff adhere to grooming and presentation standards
- Reports all accidents, health and safety hazards to the Pastry Exec. Sous Chef or higher position staffs
- Maintains all hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel management and policies
- Instigates maintenance requests if necessary, and check on completion
- In summary, it is not the intention to list all the responsibilities pertaining to this position, but to highlight the most important aspects
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
Nationality: No limited.
Education: Diploma from Culinary School
Experience: Minimum 5 years Pastry experience in a 5-star international hotel kitchen and food production areas within a similar position and capacity
Language:Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Local language where applicable
- Additional language- beneficial
Competencies:To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Building teamwork
- Developing others
- Motivating others
- Planning / Organization
- Problem solving & Decision making
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Managing performance
- Results oriented
- Courteous and energetic, leadership qualities, low tempered
- Approachable and very good people and management skill
- Listening and oral skills
- Written skills
- Respective food cooking with strong production skills
- Stress Management
- Open minded
- Fluency in English preferable
Individual Characteristics:To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values; in addition, they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realis their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Sep 14, 2022