Head Chef – (in English)
A Head chef is the culinary chef who prepares and serves a range of a la carte items which meet guest’s expectations while supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef and the Executive sous chef in their absence.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of Human Resources to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen employees is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Work with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in kitchen management role, preferably with an international 5* Hotel chain
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial with international experience
- English Language – excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to Identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, restaurant management software
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Jun 28, 2022