Head Waiter / Waitress – (in English)
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
HOTEL INDONESIA KEMPINSKI JAKARTA
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta is located next to the iconic Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia Roundabout) fountain at the heart of the city’s main shopping, business and lifestyle district. Its 289 rooms and suites offer grand views of Jakarta city, and the hotel boasts an array of amenities that caters to conventions and weddings as well as a broad collection of restaurants and bars. Integrated with the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta also offers unmatched convenience for all its guests.
- Responsible to Restaurant Supervisor/ Assistant Restaurant Manager/ Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for Waiter/ Waitress & Host/ Hostess
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Restaurant Supervisor.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of Restaurant Supervisor and Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Being able to control the service with a great sense of supervision and not being focused on one area only.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Having min. 1 year experience in the same position
- Excellent in English, both oral and written
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability, Energetic, and Thrive Under pressure
- Computer literacy – Ms. Office
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now manages a portfolio of 76 five-star hotels and residences in 31 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage. The portfolio comprises historic landmark properties, award-winning urban lifestyle hotels, outstanding resorts and prestigious residences. Each one is imbued with the quality guests have come to expect from Kempinski while embracing the cultural traditions of its location. Kempinski is a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Oct 24, 2022