Housekeeping Manager – (in English)
To oversee and direct all cleaning and maintenance operations on Floors and Public Area. Closely monitor all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards
- On a daily basis, assign duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follow up on the progress and keep the Executive Housekeeper informed
- Check rooms randomly and particularly all those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinate the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests
- Inspect Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipments and amenities are clean and are well maintained; verify the work performed by outside contractors to ensure compliance to their contract; and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants
- Identify the department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training
- Keep the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all information relevant to their job duties
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position in housekeeping department
- Preferably in a 5 star hotel
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- English – oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
- Operational knowledge of housekeeping equipment and machine, including washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine.
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Knowledge of chemicals
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl Doha
Oct 23, 2021