Housekeeping Supervisor – (in English)
The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing and controlling the day-to-day housekeeping operations on the Floors or in the Public Areas in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They assist the Assistants Executive Housekeepers and the Executive Housekeepers in the planning of the department.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of
The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar. Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Direct the work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory staff in an efficient manner to ensure that guests and other departments receive prompt and courteous service.
- Check Public Areas / Floors to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced / refurnished as required.. If assigned on Floors, check rooms and particularly those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P and known repeated guests receive special attention to ensure they meet the hotel standards.
- Coordinate with the other sections of the Housekeeping Department and the other Departments on all relevant matters that affect the physical appearance of the hotel and room status, keep them informed and follow up on outstanding issues. It may be the confirmation of room status to the repair work to be done.
- When needed, assist the Assistant Executive Housekeepers in the recruitment, management of performance, identification of training need, development of training plan and implementation of training.
- Conduct monthly training sessions with existing employees in order to meet the identified training needs.
- Schedule routine inspection by supervisors, of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms.
- Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipment and tools.
- Assist the Assistant Executive Housekeepers in the monitoring of housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures, and Health and Safety for employee and guests.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years experience in a supervisory position in housekeeping department
- Preferably in a 5 star hotel.
- English – oral and written skills
- Building teamwork
- Developing others
- Problem solving and decision making
- Motivating others
- Knowledge and Skills on Cleaning techniques
- Knowledge on cleaning products, equipment and machine
- Knowledge on housekeeping procedures and standards
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl Doha
Mar 13, 2022