Food & Safety Manager
To assist the Food & Beverage Head of Department and the Executive Chef in managing the overall hygiene program as an efficient and productive cost and service center ensuring a seamless operation and therefore contribute to maximizing guest satisfaction. The Hygiene Manager ensures that the hotel is fully in line with local and International hygiene standards and assists in guiding, correcting, planning and organizing Culinary and Stewarding operations.
DJIBOUTI PALACE KEMPINSKI
This superb property of 320 panoramic rooms and suites, features not only state of the art conference and meeting facilities, also a plethora of entertainment amenities making it the top destination for corporate and leisure markets in Eastern Africa.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and training s and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop class room trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Stewarding Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Inspects the deliveries of food and beverage for potential risks and informs the suppliers accordingly
- Is involved actively in monitoring the overall safety measures at the hotel, conducts self-audits and provide recommendation for compliance
- Maintains the following records:
- Laboratory Test results
- Weekly Activities Reports – Daily chlorine tests for pool and tap water.
- Weekly hygiene meeting minutes
- Staff Immunization/ Inoculation records
- Hygiene Manual
- Daily logbook of observations
- Communication correspondence on hygiene matters
- Reports and correspondence of external contractor or suppliers
- Medical records of guests/ employees potentially related to contamination.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party entities to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· · Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Hygiene Manager
· Luxury Hotel experience.
· Effective employee working relationships.
· Pleasant personality, proactive and reliable.
· Ability to work and converse in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English and French. Any additional languages are a plus.
· Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to an array of diverse internal and external clients.
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Djibouti Palace Kempinski Djibouti
Apr 26, 2019