II Vero Chef de Cuisine – Italian – (in English)
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Chef De Cuisine
Prepares and serves a range of a la carte items which meet guest’s expectations while supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
- Assist with organizing special events and special Italian food promotions.
- Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all staff to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all Italian food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Superior and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum three years of experience in same position
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
- Must be an Italian chef
- English good oral and written
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Nov 18, 2021