Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
The overall scope of this role is to ensure that all hotel revenue has been fully and accurately accounted for and recorded in the corresponding systems.
To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. Responsible for the verification and reporting of all hotel revenue, the review of the corresponding back-up and the preparation of the Daily Revenue Report.
The job of Income Auditor is executed satisfactorily when:
- All revenues for the day have been reviewed and checked for accuracy.
- Daily Revenue Report has been finalized and published.
- All paperwork has been reviewed, approved where appropriate and filled.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for collecting all paperwork for all revenues and ensuring accuracy and compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all revenues have been captured, recorded, and posted accurately.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all in-house charges and verifying compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for checking all credits, voids, and complementary postings. Any discrepancies must be recorded and reported.
- Responsible for reviewing Travel Agent Commissions and checking for manual postings or edits.
- Responsible for balancing the income with the respective ledger balances (Guest Ledger, City Ledger, and Deposit Ledger).
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting any suspicious or incorrect postings.
- Responsible for performing spot checks daily and alternating between the areas checked.
- Responsible for verifying all payment methods are accurate and all data has been transferred and posted fully.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in invoices or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- English – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- 1-3 years in Income Auditor or general accounting experience
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Sep 24, 2022