Junior Sous Chef – (in English)
Junior Sous Chef is responsible to assist in the management of Kitchen Operations and be in charge of the day to day operation of respective kitchen in the hotel.
HOTEL INDONESIA KEMPINSKI JAKARTA
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta is located next to the iconic Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia Roundabout) fountain at the heart of the city’s main shopping, business and lifestyle district. Its 289 rooms and suites offer grand views of Jakarta city, and the hotel boasts an array of amenities that caters to conventions and weddings as well as a broad collection of restaurants and bars. Integrated with the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta also offers unmatched convenience for all its guests.
- Help to direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of all Chefs and kitchen attendants, engaged in preparing and cooking food, so as to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth food service, at all times.
- In charge of all respective kitchen work.
- Inspect storerooms, refrigerators and freezers daily, to prevent wastage.
- Assist the Sous Chef to control cost by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and practicing portion control.
- Check the quality and quantity of food received from the markets and stores.
- Always look for cost saving and environmental ideas.
- Assist in the operation of their outlet/dependant outlets, at an acceptable food and staff cost.
- Maximize employee’s productivity, in order to minimize payroll cost.
- Monitor all Kitchen operating costs and take corrective action, when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Produce and check preparation and presentation of food.
- Make sure standard recipes are used, and food is presented according to pictorials.
- Make sure that all machines, furniture (fridges, benches, etc.), equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times. Check all assigned areas in regards to sanitation and hygiene, to prevent contamination of any kind.
- Ensure the Kitchen complies with health and safety standards as to prevent accidents.
- Participate in the Sous Chefs meeting when Sous Chef not on duty.
- Ensure lines of communication within the outlet kitchen are effective.
- Maintain interdepartmental communication to avoid frictions of any kind.
- Represent the culinary team in an absolute correct manner when in the public areas.
- Assist in staff training in conjunction with the Training Department and Departmental Trainers.
- Maximise employee productivity and moral, and consistently maintain discipline, following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Motivate all staff to perform their duties by demonstrating professionalism, organisational skill and team spirit.
- Ensure all staff adheres to grooming and presentation standards.
- Report all accidents, health and safety hazards to Executive Chef.
- Follow up and keep a tidy control over function and event orders.
- In charge of food requisitions, orders and inter-kitchen transfers.
- Instigate maintenance requests if necessary, and check on completion.
- Responsible for the Duty Roster, Staff Leave and Attendance Record.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree or Apprenticeship from Hospitality/Hotel Management School, Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent.
- Min. 3 years’ experience kitchen preferably with an international 5 star hotel.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel's financial goals.
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial.
- Experience in handling a large Banqueting Operation is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both English and Bahasa
- Computer literacy – Ms. Office, Scala System
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now manages a portfolio of 76 five-star hotels and residences in 31 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage. The portfolio comprises historic landmark properties, award-winning urban lifestyle hotels, outstanding resorts and prestigious residences. Each one is imbued with the quality guests have come to expect from Kempinski while embracing the cultural traditions of its location. Kempinski is a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Oct 31, 2022