Laundry Supervisor – (in English)
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Supervise the efficient and economical process of all guests and in-house/outside laundry or dry cleaning requirements.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Report faulty equipment, maintenance needs, and safety hazards to manager/supervisor.
- Train employees on all laundry procedures, including safety procedures and equipment operation.
- Verify that laundry requests are completed for each department as needed.
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery.
- Assist Laundry Manager in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employee.
- Supervise the operations and distribution of the linen, the recording of floor linen distribution and F&B linen returns whilst ensuring compliance with hotel policies, standards and satisfaction of internal and external guests.
- Forecast room linen requirements based on occupancy and coordinate with outlet Managers the daily linen requirements for outlets to meet operational needs. It also involves the planning of large functions and or events
- Organize, train staff on daily job operations and follow up to ensure that training is effective.
- Conduct an annual inventory of all linen and a monthly F & B and room linen inventory. Maintain par stock level in order to respond to operational needs.
- Coordinate with Floor Supervisor / Laundry Manager re-periodical washing / dry cleaning of bedroom linens such as duvet, bed pad, bed cover and curtains including repair and replacement.
- Check quality of laundry processing of uniforms and linens sent for washing and inform Assistant Laundry Manager any deviations from standard. Coordinate with Laundry - test washing of materials for linen and uniform.
- Control and monitor linen discarding. When appropriate, recycle to avoid wastage or arrange repair job or recommend new purchase. Record keeping of discarded linen and recommend their replacement.
- Assist the Laundry Manager in the preparation of the budget for the linen and uniforms.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Jun 16, 2022