Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property & Commercial – (in English)
The Kempinski Hotels Corporate Office is located in Geneva, Switzerland. The group currently operates a total of 79 five-star hotels in 34 countries. The portfolio includes historic grand hotels, superb city hotels, outstanding resorts and superior residences.
Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property & Commercial
The Legal Counsel supports the Legal Department and the wider company with legal advice, drafting, negotiating and advising on new and existing commercial contracts; maintain group Intellectual Property; support on data privacy matters.
- Manage and maintain group Intellectual Property (monitor watch lists, file and renew new and existing trademarks, defend IP rights, draft and negotiate coexistence agreements, cease & desist letters).
- Advise on intellectual property laws, and provide advice to corporate departments on the same.
- Maintain IP files.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and related documentation at corporate level.
- Following the contract life cycle from beginning to end, and ensuring the contracts are drafted, negotiated, executed and filed appropriately.
- Analysis and review of the contracts and other legal documentation and providing related advice.
- Engaging with external legal counsel and IP agents to address foreign jurisdiction legal matters (review of agreements, due diligence, registration requirements, IP registrations).
- Providing legal support to the corporate departments in relation to commercial contracts (contract interpretation; support with renewing, amending or assigning agreements; drafting and reviewing official correspondence; drafting notices and official correspondence).
- Ensuring documents are compliant with Kempinski policies and maintaining an understanding of the impact of any changes in Kempinski policies, organisational structure, and procedures.
- Perform due diligence checks.
- This role reports directly to the Senior Legal Counsel & Global Data Protection Manager, and benefits from support from paralegal and administrative staff.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Fully qualified lawyer in Switzerland or a Common Law jurisdiction; or alternatively any European jurisdiction.
- Eligible for a work permit in Switzerland.
- 2-3 years post-qualified experience, preferably with some spent in-house. Experience handling intellectual property is mandatory, and additionally experience with data privacy is a strong plus.
- Able and willing to act as a generalist.
- English mother tongue, or as a second language with excellent written and oral skills that include the ability to draft and negotiate contracts in English. Additional other European languages are a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and of Google Workspace.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner.
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Corporate & Regional Offices
Corporate Office - Geneva
Aug 09, 2022