Legal Counsel – Wirtschaftsjurist – (in English)
The Kempinski Hotels Corporate Office is located in Geneva, Switzerland. The group currently operates a total of 79 five-star hotels in 34 countries. The portfolio includes historic grand hotels, superb city hotels, outstanding resorts and superior residences.
Legal Counsel – Wirtschaftsjurist
The Legal Counsel supports the Company Secretary with legal advice, drafting, filing and advising on corporate legal matters, particularly concerning Kempinski Aktiengesellschaft and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Drafting, advising on, and reviewing inter-company agreements.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with a wide range of corporate governance and regulatory affairs, including convening board meetings and AGMs (producing agendas, invitations, pre-reads, monthly reports, coordinating meetings); ensuring that regulatory requirements are complied with (e.g. filing and reporting requirements); KYC requirements; seeing through formalities for the appointment and removal of company directors; incorporating and liquidating group legal entities; meeting minutes; etc.
- Providing legal advice on the rights and obligations of directors and board members.
- Engaging with external legal counsel to address foreign jurisdiction legal matters (corporate legal requirements, due diligence, registration requirements, etc.).
- Ensuring compliance with group corporate governance (Articles of Association, Rules of Procedure, etc.).
- Ensuring documents are compliant with Kempinski policies & procedures, and maintaining an understanding of the impact of any changes in Kempinski policies, organisational structure, and procedures.
- Ensuring that all corporate documents are filed appropriately, digitally and original copies.
- Perform due diligence checks.
- May require some travel.
- This role reports directly to the Company Secretary and benefits from support from paralegal and administrative staff.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Specialisation in corporate law.
- Eligible for a work permit in Switzerland
- Eligible to work in Germany
- 2-3 years post-qualified experience, preferably with some spent in-house.
- Fluent in German and English. Other additional languages are a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail, and excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; discretion and diplomacy.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and of Google Workspace.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Corporate & Regional Offices
Corporate Office - Munich
Aug 09, 2022