Paulaner Manager – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
Employees in this position should work with the sales and kitchen team to organize and manage team members to ensure that the daily Paulaner Brauhaus services work normally. Ensure the implementation of service standards and operating procedures based on operational and customer satisfaction requirements. And lead all the staff of the team to provide elegant and comfortable dining environment and international standard cuisine for the restaurant dining guests and in room dining guest. As a Paulaner Brauhaus manager, he/she should set an example, provide customers with courteous, professional and efficient services, and work with other Food & Beverage outlets and other departments of the hotel to promote sales and maximize profits for the hotel.
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to the Paulaner Brauhaus full potential and that budget is adhered to.
- A High quality of product and service is never compromised in the Paulaner Brauhaus operations.
- Paulaner Brauhaus is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and communicated to the Head of Department.
- The growth of internal talent within Paulaner Brauhaus is successfully implemented.
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s for all employee of Paulaner Brauhaus, providing feedback on their job performance.
- Responsible for Paulaner Brauhaus Restaurant manager / Brewmaster / Assistant Manager / Supervisor, Captain / Waiter & Waitress, Host / Hostess, Restaurant Cashier / Vocational School Trainee.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Provide a high-quality fresh brewed beer at all times and ensure the brewers strictly follow the Paulaenr beer brewing process to provide guests with freshly brewed beer.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of Paulaner Brauhaus, and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service, products and guidance of the team that reflects the concept.
- Actively participate in menu design of Paulaner Brauhaus in cooperation with the Signature’s Restaurant Head Chef and F&B Management Team.
- Cooperate with Head Chef to organize tastings of daily dishes and new menus.
- Know Paulaner Brauhaus scene and gastronomic character of the destination and be recognized in the market.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by Paulaner Brauhaus assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing Opera, LANDA, MICROS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the Paulaner Brauhaus, and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead Paulaner Brauhaus efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist F&B Department in preparation of Paulaner Brauhaus budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for Paulaner Brauhaus floats when and as required.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s People Services Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review outlet’s operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in Paulaner Brauhaus as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for Paulaner Brauhaus and strictly implement it
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Plans and supervises the day-to-day operations of the restaurant to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the clients’ expectations.
- Establishes and reviews the standards of performance, in line with the operating concept of the restaurant, which contribute to an attentive and distinctive experience that leaves our clients inspired.
- Identification the training needs, assist in the development of a training plan and implementation of the training activities and follow up to ensure compliance and their effectiveness. At times, conducts training.
- Inspects the dining room area (including restaurant & terrace), to ensure that the physical facilities and equipment’s are well kept and that coordinating the cleaning and maintenance and arranging for repairs and other services such as linen laundering adhere to, all health and safety regulations, plants servicing, etc.
- Maintains high visibility during meal service in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promotes good public relations, takes corrective actions and handles customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Coordinates the service activities with the kitchen in order to achieve a timely delivery of food whilst ensuring effective communication.
- Forecasts covers and revenues and then schedules staff accordingly covering outlet opening hours, whilst controlling labor costs and minimizing overtime payment.
- Manages and controls stock from the beverage / bar operation effectively ensuring pars are respected.
- Anticipates and maintains all materials and supplies ensuring their availability. Controls usage of all food items and appropriate usage of equipment’s, tools and service equipment’s ensuring all equipment’s is used in a correct and safe manner.
- Monitors operating expenses to ensure the cost of sale is in line with the annual budget.
- Keeps abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that they are able to anticipate and answer clients’ requests and questions.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as attending meeting, writing reports, maintaining a logbook and other specific duties related to the job function.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
Education: Hospitality Management College Degree.
Experience: 2 years’ experience in a western service management position, overall proven track record in F&B Department for a minimum period of 2 years.
Language:Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Germany - excellent oral and written skills
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language- beneficial
- Ability to use good adaptability and flexibility, as well as their own influence, to proactively complete work tasks
- Have a conscious awareness of customer service, and combine cross-cultural sensitivity with the development of local employees
- Communication skills, listening and presentation skills
- Writing skills and ability to write reports
- Entrepreneurship orientation, performance management, information management, innovation and quality-focused skills
- Be creative, possess personal charm and integrity
- Pay attention to personal image, self-development, self-motivation
- Have good physical fitness
- Stamina to work long hours
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Fluency in English/German
- Thorough and practical knowledge of service terminology and of various international service techniques include service preparation.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen terminology, including Ingredients and methods of preparation.
- Wine knowledge
- Go Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Micros and Landa System
Individual Characteristics:To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values; in addition, they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Oct 09, 2022