Pool Attendant – (in English)
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai’s most sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five sprawling acres of territory. It combines four Food and Beverage outlets and private beach.
Pool Attendant The incumbent in this position is responsible to oversee the pool & beach area and that the guest needs are exceeded during their stay by providing a high quality personal service
- Perform opening and closing procedures according to the shift pattern.
- Inspect pool and beach areas at the start, during and at the end of the shift to ensure that the set-up of the department is in accordance with established standard.
- Arrange furniture layout as per the local standard whenever necessary.
- “meet, greet & seat” each guest on their arrival to the area and distribute the towels and amenities needed.
- Monitor, maintain cleanliness/ sanitation and organization of the pool and beach areas.
- Perform daily area guest amenity services such as; cold face towels, sunglass cleaning etc.
- Work in close coordination with other team members to ensure smooth operations.
- Provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- Establish a professional rapport with guests, providing guest recognition and good customer relationships.
- Respond to guest enquiries on pool activities as well as on Spa, kids club and other information regarding the facility and services of the Hotel.
- Monitor in-house guests and outside visitors to ensure only permitted persons are using the facilities.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Assist lifeguards in maintaining swimming pool equipment for the purpose of ensuring the equipment is in proper working condition.
- Report technical difficulties to the maintenance department.
- Assist to control inventory of towels.
- Assist to control inventory of pool games (table tennis rackets, football etc).
- Monitor par stock levels and recommend the ordering of supplies.
- Ensure a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as well as wear the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Attend briefings, as required and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel trainings as scheduled and other related activities.
- Interact with other departments to provide additional or specialized guest services.
- Understand and adhere strictly to Lost & Found procedures.
- Report to the supervisor and/or Assistant Recreation Manager any sickness or unusual behavior of guests.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position. They comply with the hotel’s Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Preferably in an international, luxury five-star hotel
- English - excellent communication skills
About Kempinski At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah - Dubai
Entry Level Staff
Oct 13, 2021