Regional Director of Finance Europe – (in English)
Regional Director of Finance Europe
The overall scope of this role is to safeguard the assets and financial resources of all hotels in the region and to ensure these are utilized to maximise operating results. In order to achieve this, the position holder assists the VP Finance EMEA in serving as the corporate hotel finance representative in the region and advising all Hotel Financial Controller in the region. The role furthermore serves as the regional champion for the back-office systems. Primary location will be Geneva with mobile working opportunity (open for discussion)
- Assurance of timely and accurate month end closing within the region
- Close collaboration with the respective hotel teams in order to achieve set targets
- Assurance of local and management agreement compliance for all hotels within the region
- Critical review of monthly results, forecasts, budgets, 5 year plans etc. and to provide constructive feedback to the hotel
- Support hotels by arranging for taskforce / provide support on your own
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to drive overall business performance (e.g., revenue management and sales and marketing)
- Act as a business partner to the regional team, hotel General Manager and Financial Controller
- Leverage strong financial expertise and business acumen to influence the strategic direction of operations, identify opportunities for growth, optimize allocation of financial resources, and drive business results.
- Set up ad hoc reports / pre-opening budgets and ensuring the finance section of the critical path is monitored and tasks are completed within set timelines
- Prepare financial projections for potential hotel take over or for development projects together with assumptions
- Verified and approved the capex requests and analyse ROI capital projects prior to commit funds and upon completion determine if anticipated results were achieved
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- You have completed a commercial apprenticeship with a corresponding further training as an accountant, controller or business economist.
- You have minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in accounting and controlling in a 5-star hotel environment as a financial controller, preferable within Europe as well.
- Very good understanding of USALI and experienced with full P&L responsibility
- You have a very good business acumen and are switched on and can adopt to a fast changing environment
- You are confident and experienced handling of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Navision knowledge is an advantage
- You have a high level of service and customer orientation as well as confident dealing with different contacts
- You work independent, accurate and conscientious way of working and have an affinity with numbers and a structured way of working with high quality awareness
- You are experienced and have the ability to represent Kempinski in front of owners and or representatives
- You are willing to travel approx. 30-50% of your time
- You have already a valid work visa for EU / Switzerland
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Corporate & Regional Offices
Regional Office Europe / Geneva
Aug 03, 2022
Dec 31, 2022