Reservations & Revenue Manager – (in English)
Nestled on the cliffs overlooking pristine Barbaros Bay, Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum is located on a private bay with a ‘blue-flagged’ private beach facing the magnificent Aegean Sea, offering its guests a unique and luxurious vacation. In one of our spacious rooms or luxurious suites, we guarantee that your vacation will be a sophisticated and fulfilling experience. Through a rich variety of restaurants, bars and the magnificent Sanitas Spa, we always strive to serve you the Kempinski promise of European luxury.
Reservations & Revenue Manager
Maximize hotel revenue, profit and market share through development and implementation of successful inventory and pricing strategies, based on the evaluation of current and anticipated market conditions and is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department. We strive to balance the needs of all stakeholders by hiring and retaining the most passionate, experienced and entrepreneurial talents.
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Actively take part of the Room’s Annual Budget and Business Plan preparation and presentation
- Produce an accurate room Revenue forecast for the upcoming 12 months. Prepare the forecast at the day / segment level for upcoming 90 days.
- Hold a strong leadership role in the monthly Forecast Meeting
- Data Analysis:
- Monitor and analyse Market conditions based on all available data source for both past and future.
- Monitor, analyse and comment on performance within the Market for current, past and future. Prepare month-end Comments, including Segmentation, Country statistics, Room Type optimization, upselling, Top producing account, GDS and website performance, STR performance.
- Strategy Setting and deployment:
- Pro-actively identify need period and adapt Sales & Pricing strategy accordingly, share with GSO
- Set Rate structure, Demand Calendar and Upsell strategy
- Ensure all systems (PMS, RMS, CRS, 3rd Party Sites…) are all maintained in the most optimized manner for the full booking window in terms of content and data.
- Implement and effectively manage the sales and pricing strategy, in all distribution channels including but not limited to branded website, 3rd parties and the GDS.
- Safeguard Rate integrity
- Ensure property all reservation channels are returning the appropriate availability and rate for the upcoming 365 days.
- Manage inventory and oversell strategy
- Perform Group displacement analysis taking into consideration the overall Revenue and profit optimisation.
- Control block pickup and timely wash, especially during the peak season / high demand days
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Perform account evaluation (Corporate / Wholesale) on a yearly basis
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Ensure all cancellation and deposit policies are loaded in all systems according to strategy.
- Ensure Commission codes are correctly setup and commissions sent and followed up on a weekly basis as a minimum
- Optimize opportunities and Reduce Risk
- Ensure all day arrivals are fully confirmed and guaranteed as well as perfectly accurate (Price, Rate code, Segment, Source, Profiles, Billing instructions, Guests request and comments…)
- Check the reservations made the previous day.
- Check of arrival tomorrow and recheck of VIP Arrivals Today
- Check Deposit not received for arrival next week
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months – review data on an ongoing basis.
- Increase Sales
- Ensure Reservations Team is fully aware of all prices, promotions and packages available for each period within the available booking window.
- Ensure the system is setup in a way that displays the Rates to be proposed first, as well as all the relevant information on screen for reservation agents to be more efficient.
- Ensure Reservations Team has a perfect knowledge of the Rooms and Hotel Product as well as of the area and what is happening in town.
- Ensure Reservations Team is fully trained on Sales and Upselling techniques
- Maintain an internal upsell/cross-sell program for the Reservations department (benefits / team competition).
- Ensure offers are proactively followed up
- Ensure emails are being answered in a timely manner, as per Company Standard and on the approved templates.
- Ensure the necessary templates are available and reviewed on a regular basis. (ie: Serenata / NextGuest confirmation letters)
- Communication, Culture and development:
- Provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
- Lead the Weekly Revenue Meeting; clearly communicate to hotel the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenue and improve performance. Ensure the strategy is fully supported by all departments.
- Organise regular educational and information meetings on Systems, data entry standard, RM concepts and KPIs for Reservations, E-Commerce, Sales& Marketing, G&E Sales, Front-Desk.
- Ensure good contact and cordial working relationships with Competitor hotels, keep a close eye on market developments (renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.) Share this information with colleagues.
- Stay up to date with system development, updates and enhancement as well as industry practices.
- Attend all webinar sessions organized by Regional Offices and Corporate Offices.
- Share Best practices and relevant Market Insights with Regional or Corporate Offices.
- Data Quality & Compliance:
- Ensure Kempinski Revenue Management & Reservations standards and initiatives are implemented and adhered to.
- Control Rate Report, Rate Override Report, Comp and House Rooms report and rebates on a daily basis. Spot check reservation made reports and calls.
- Ensure BI tool data is accurate
- Ensure all tasks covered in the Daily / Monthly / Yearly checklists are executed as per guidelines.
- Leadership & Team Management
- Ensure there is a fully trained backup person for each of the tasks described in the checklist for Business continuity plan.
- Recruit, train and manage performance of direct reports.
- Set goals, mentor and motivate the team. Conduct regular performance evaluation.
- Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureat (Abitur), A-level exam and a Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Revenue Management, including electronic distribution
- A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property
- Experience with data analysis, including E-Commerce KPIs
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent verbal and written skills
- Local language – excellent verbal and written skills (as applicable)
- Additional language (s) would be considered an asset
- Opera PMS
- Opera Central Systems / SynXis
- Channel Manager
- RMS knowledge, preferably with IDeaS or EZRMS
- Good keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint
- Excel advanced skills
- Must be in possession of / be eligible for a working permit in the region of hire.
- People Leadership
- Stakeholder Relationship Management and Communication
- Driving Results
- Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Strategic Thinking and Innovation
- Change Management
- Kempinski Brand Identification
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum Turkey
Head of Department
Sep 13, 2022