Reservations Supervisor – (in English)
Nestled on the cliffs overlooking pristine Barbaros Bay, Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum is located on a private bay with a ‘blue-flagged’ private beach facing the magnificent Aegean Sea, offering its guests a unique and luxurious vacation. In one of our spacious rooms or luxurious suites, we guarantee that your vacation will be a sophisticated and fulfilling experience. Through a rich variety of restaurants, bars, and the magnificent Sanitas Spa, we always strive to serve you the Kempinski promise of European luxury.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for assisting the efficient functioning of the Reservations department.
- Follow up on the day inventory is perfectly correct (block not picked-up, out of Order rooms, Early departures, stay extension) and review overbooking levels of the day.
- Follow all-day arrivals are fully confirmed and guaranteed as well as perfectly accurate (Price, Rate code, Segment, Source, Profiles, Billing instructions, Guest requests, and comments…)
- Check the reservations made the previous day.
- Check of arrival tomorrow and recheck VIP Arrivals Today
- Check Deposit not received for arrival next week
- Control no-show and late cancellation charges.
- Follow all reservation standards.
- Follow internal credit policy is followed
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months – review data on an ongoing basis.
- Follow all prices, promotions, and packages available for each period within the available booking window.
- Follow the system is set up in a way that displays the Rates to be proposed first, as well as all the relevant information on the screen for reservation agents to be more efficient.
- Have knowledge of the Rooms and Hotel Products as well as of the area and what is happening in town.
- Be aware of what is happening at the competitor’s hotel and keep a good work relationship with them.
- Follow offers are proactively followed up
- Follow emails are being answered in a timely manner, as per Company Standard and on the approved templates.
- Follow on the necessary templates that are available and reviewed on a regular basis. (ie: Serenata / NextGuest confirmation letters)
- Follow all sellable contracted rates loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Follow all internal package breakdowns that are loaded and in line with Finance department.
- Follow all cancellation and deposit policies are loaded in all systems according to strategy.
- Follow up PMS and all distribution channels reflect correct availability and prices.
- Follow up commission codes are correctly setup and commissions sent and followed up on a weekly basis as a minimum
- Control on lost business, cancellations, regrets & Denials and bring information about price resistance and other relevant information to the knowledge of the Revenue Management Team.
- Have good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Attend and encourage regular training on Systems, data entry standard, sales technics etc. for Reservations, Front desk and Sales agent.
- Control up to date with system development, updates and enhancement as well as industry practises.
- Share Best practises and relevant Market Insights with Reservations & Revenue Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureat (Abitur), A-level exam
- Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in reservations
- A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property or several properties
- Experience with reporting and market performance reports
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent verbal and written skills
- Local language – excellent verbal and written skills (as applicable)
- Additional language (s) would be considered an asset
- Detail orientated
- Good communicator
- Good listening skills
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user-input errors
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MSExcel and PMS, Opera
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Results Driven
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum Turkey
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Sep 13, 2022