Kempinski Seychelles Resort Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
Italian Restaurant Manager
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Italian Restaurant Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximises profit.
The job of an Italian Restaurant Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to the outlet’s full potential and that budget is adhered to.
- A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, collected and communicated to the Head of Department.
- The growth of internal talent within the outlet is successfully implemented.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of daily activities.
The Italian Restaurant Manager is responsible of the following Talent Development tasks for their outlet:
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support career development by training and assigning multi-tasking.
- Grow talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Give constant feedback to all employees of the outlet.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s for all employee of the outlet (unless Head of Department is able to do it), providing feedback on their job performance.
*A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Responsible to Head of Department/ Assistant Head of Department.
- Responsible for Assistant Restaurant / Outlet Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Restaurant Head Waiter / Waitress, Waiter / Waitress, Host / Hostess, Outlet Cashier.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service, products and guidance of the team that reflects the concept.
- Actively participate in menu design in cooperation with the outlet Head Chef and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of daily dishes and new menus.
- Know the restaurant scene and gastronomic character of the destination and be recognized in the market.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s People Services Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Manage daily or weekly meetings with the kitchen team and fostering team work to constantly develop the restaurant / outlet for more success.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review outlet’s operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
- Minimum 2 years in F&B management role, preferable with a 5* Hotel
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Italian – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Food & Beverage:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Jul 27, 2022