Kempinski Nile Hotel
Located in Egypt’s beautiful capital, Kempinski Nile Hotel offers guests a boutique five-star experience on the banks of the Nile River.
Right in the heart of Cairo’s Garden City district in down-town, guests are only a short drive from the Pyramids of Giza, shopping areas and local attractions.
Kempinski Nile Hotel caters to large groups, couples and solo travelers offering 137 rooms and 54 exclusive suites in an unforgettable environment. All suites come with their own private balcony so guests can relax and enjoy a beautiful view of the Nile River.
Improve any revenue stream by selling the right mix of products & services, at the right price, at the right time, to the right customer, at the right customer touch point, using the right distribution network. We strive to balance the needs of all stakeholders by hiring and retaining the most passionate, experienced and entrepreneurial talents.
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management using competitive reports.
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of pricing decisions on property performance.
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
- Provide guidance on corporate transient, group & wholesale pricing.
- Ensure effective pricing strategies to reflect asset strength relative to the competition.
- Ensure compliance to the Best Rate Guarantee.
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS.
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Kempinski Revenue Management Standards.
- Maintain accuracy and timely entry of all relevant data in systems.
- Review and analyze data on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-actively identify need periods and prepare a need period plan, in cooperation with hotel Sales & Marketing, & Corporate/Regional resources.
- Ensure all distribution channels are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the following 365 days.
- Ensure that the department number 2 is fully able to complete the forecast, run a Revenue meeting, manage all daily tasks, and can manage all aspects of reservations (cut off dates, rooming lists, guest complaints).
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new Revenue Management tools, including IDEAS, EZ Yield, Opera, and any new/similar tools or reports developed in 2010 and on wards.
- Compliance to Kempinski standards for Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segments, Profiles and all other PMS related Revenue Management functionalities.
- Clearly communicate to hotel team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenue and improve performance.
- Ensure hotel team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role.
- Educate the Sales team on the effective use of IDEAS and Opera to improve profitability of group bookings (when applicable).
- Share best practices and key learning with peers and management.
- Identify and communicate to either Regional or Corporate Revenue Management team in addition to appropriate technical support: Bugs/enhancements affecting Revenue Management from all RM tools, including PMS, IDeaS, Channel Reports, and branded websites.
- Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Management meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting.
- Provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
- Hold a strong leadership role in the Monthly Forecasting Meetings.
- Produce accurate forecast on weekly and monthly basis (+/-5%).
- Produce all relevant components pertaining to Revenue Management Budget.
- Recruit, train and mentor the Reservations Manager (when applicable) and/or a strong second with a view to contingency.
- Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.
- Attend all WebEx sessions organized by Corporate. (Unless valid business reasons)
- Acknowledge receipt of any email request within a maximum of 48 hours.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English; Any additional languages are an advantage.
- Good keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MSExcel ,
- PMS, Opera, IDeaS and EZYield or RateTiger.
- Analytical skills.
- Hotel Operations experience a plus.
- Solid management skills.
- Operational knowledge of the role.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Luxury Hotel Experiences.
- Communication skills.
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
- International experience is preferred.
- Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Nile Hotel Garden City Cairo
Jan 14, 2021
Mar 15, 2021