Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Surrounded by Cabrits National Park, the unobtrusive design of this peaceful, hidden away five-star luxury resort in Dominica preserves the natural beauty and ecosystem of this stunning, unexplored volcanic island. The 151-room resort, with its breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea, invites guests to indulge in luxury with amenities such as a full-service Kempinski The Spa, international cuisine at 4 restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. It also has two floodlit tennis courts, 4 sparkling swimming pools, and meeting space for executive retreats and intimate weddings. The resort is on the doorstep of the island’s matchless natural attractions and is committed to protecting the authenticity of this pristine eco-tourism paradise while offering an enriching guest experience that strikes a natural balance between land and sea.
Maximize hotel revenue, profit, and market share through the development and implementation of successful inventory and pricing strategies, based on the evaluation of current and anticipated market conditions.
We strive to balance the needs of all stakeholders by hiring and retaining the most passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial talents.
Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Actively take part in the Room’s Annual Budget and Business Plan preparation and presentation
- Produce an accurate room Revenue forecast for the upcoming 12 months. Prepare the forecast at the day/segment level for the upcoming 90 days.
- Hold a strong leadership role in the monthly Forecast Meeting
- Monitor and analyse market conditions based on all available data sources for both the past and future.
- Monitor, analyse and comment on performance within the Market for current, past, and future. Prepare month-end Comments, including Segmentation, Country statistics, Room Type optimization, upselling, Top producing account, GDS and website performance, and STR performance.
Strategy Setting and deployment:
- Pro-actively identify need period and adapt Sales & Pricing strategy accordingly, share with GSO
- Set Rate structure, Demand Calendar, and Upsell strategy
- Ensure all systems (PMS, RMS, CRS, 3rd Party Sites…) are all maintained in the most optimized manner for the full booking window in terms of content and data.
- Implement and effectively manage the sales and pricing strategy, in all distribution channels including but not limited to branded website, 3rd parties, and the GDS.
- Safeguard Rate Integrity
- Ensure property all reservation channels are returning the appropriate availability and rate for the upcoming 365 days.
- Manage inventory and oversell strategy
- Perform Group displacement analysis taking into consideration the overall Revenue and profit optimization.
- Control block pickup and timely wash, especially during the peak season / high-demand days
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Perform account evaluation (Corporate / Wholesale) on a yearly basis
Communication, Culture, and development:
- Provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
- Lead the Weekly Revenue Meeting; clearly communicate to the hotel the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenue and improve performance. Ensure the strategy is fully supported by all departments.
- Organize regular educational and information meetings on Systems, data entry standards, RM concepts, and KPIs for Reservations, E-Commerce, Sales& Marketing, G&E Sales, Front-Desk.
- Ensure good contact and cordial working relationships with Competitor hotels, and keep a close eye on market developments (renovation, special campaigns, theme events, etc.) Share this information with colleagues.
- Stay up to date with system development, updates, and enhancement as well as industry practices.
- Attend all webinar sessions organized by Regional Offices and Corporate Offices.
- Share Best practices and relevant Market Insights with Regional or Corporate Offices.
Data Quality & Compliance:
- Ensure Kempinski Revenue Management & Reservations standards and initiatives are implemented and adhered to.
- Control Rate Report, Rate Override Report, Comp and House Rooms report, and rebates on a daily basis. Spot check reservation made reports and calls.
- Ensure BI tool data is accurate
- Ensure all tasks covered in the Daily / Monthly / Yearly checklists are executed as per guidelines.
Leadership & Team Management:
- Ensure there is a fully trained backup person for each of the tasks described in the checklist for the Business continuity plan.
- Recruit, train, and manage the performance of direct reports.
- Set goals, mentor, and motivate the team. Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Desired skills and qualifications:
Eligible for a working permit in the country of hire
Willingness to relocate to Portsmouth, Dominica
University Degree preferably in Administration or Hotel Management.
5+ years of experience in a five-star or luxury hotel in Revenue Management, including electronic distribution is required.
Excellent oral and written English. Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. . Excellent writing, listening, and verbal skills.
Candidates must possess strong leadership and analytical skills – able to think outside the box. Able to adapt to a changing market, proactive in achieving revenue goals
A proven track record of increasing revenue streams and strengthening the performance of a property, Experience with data analysis, including E-Commerce KPIs.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Working knowledge of Opera PMS, Opera Central Systems / SynXis, Channel Manager, and RMS knowledge, preferably with Ideas or EZRMS.
- People Leadership
- Stakeholder Relationship Management and Communication
- Driving Results
- Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Strategic Thinking and Innovation
- Change Management
- Kempinski Brand Identification
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Oct 24, 2022