Conveniently connected to the Chongqing International Convention & Exhibition Centre, a 30 minute drive from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport. The hotel features 416 rooms and suites, and offers guests a variety of dining choices. Five innovative food and beverage options include, Elements All Day Dining Restaurant, Guo Hui Yan Chinese Restaurant, Paulaner Brauhaus, The Lounge and the Kempi Deli. For meetings and weddings, a 650 sqm Ballroom and 6 luxuriously appointed meeting-and boardrooms are available.
Room Service Supervisor
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the
assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service
consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA
values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Director of Food & Beverage.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Head of Food & Beverage
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Ensure that food & beverage service is available for all hotel rooms & suites.
- Correct Service procedures as per the outlines standard of performa
- Required reasonable command of local language and English.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time accordingto the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Secondary education.Experience in an F&B service role.
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance
for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain
and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven
by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our
remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and
every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for
your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect
and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our
passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global
community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Hotel Chongqing China
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Aug 19, 2020