Sales coordinator – (in English)
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Surrounded by Cabrits National Park, the unobtrusive design of this peaceful, hidden away five-star luxury resort in Dominica preserves the natural beauty and ecosystem of this stunning, unexplored volcanic island. The 151-room resort, with its breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea, invites guests to indulge in luxury with amenities such as a full-service Kempinski The Spa, international cuisine at 4 restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. It also has two floodlit tennis courts, 4 sparkling swimming pools, and meeting space for executive retreats and intimate weddings. The resort is on the doorstep of the island’s matchless natural attractions and is committed to protecting the authenticity of this pristine eco-tourism paradise while offering an enriching guest experience that strikes a natural balance between land and sea.
The overall scope of the Marketing Manager is to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to position and promote Cabrits resort and spa Kempinski hotel and its outlets as the market leader through Marketing activities as well as to ensure compliance with the brand Kempinski.
- Support the Director of Sales , Director of Sales & Marketing and the Sales Managers in their day to day activities and to assist them in achieving their personal and team objectives.
- Determine and implement the procedures and standards of an effective filing system.
- Provide adequate supplies of stationary and ensures that the following forms are used and kept updated at all times:
- Purchase orders
- Travel authorizations for business trips
- Collateral reprint orders
- Brochure supplies (office)
- Holiday and sick leave
- Expense forms
- Maintain and update inventory: control of all gifts and giveaways.
- Maintain an up-to-date operating manual of the department, incl. policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Compile monthly reports to be completed by 5th of each month.
- Compile statistics.
- Assist with the co-ordination of direct mail campaigns on behalf of sales and marketing, labeling, data collection and distribution of mail items.
- Ensure the efficient liaison between the sales office and other sales offices in sister hotels, including the distribution of our sales correspondence and collateral to other hotels.
- Annual contracting administration for corporate and leisure business.
- Ensure that store requisitions are submitted monthly.
- Ensure ordering of business cards.
- Ensure sensible and effective use of the telephone – all incoming calls
- promptly answered in an agreed manner.
- Ensure that calls are screened and dealt with in an appropriate way.
- All enquiries to be dealt with within 24 hours.
- Assist telesales research of existing/new clients within guidelines of
- Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Sort all incoming mail for the attention of the Director of Sales and Marketing and Sales Department.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality of information passing though the office.
- Record minutes of all meetings conducted by the Director of Sales and Marketing and any others as when directed by the Sales and Marketing team from time to time.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional, ethics, and attitude toward all hotel guests, clients, and colleagues.
- Coordinate and assist in organising sales trips.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the hotel’s employee rules & regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in the country of hire
- Willingness to relocate to Portsmouth, Dominica
- CARICOM Experience is preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, University or Hotel School education preferred.
- Previous experience in Sales preferred
- Previous experience of a minimum of three (3) years in the five star or luxury resort is required
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Creative programmes such as photo-shop, indesign etc is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Planning/organisation skills
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Interest to develop in the Sales department
- Communication skills
- Attention to details
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Oct 26, 2022