Sales Manager – (Groups in the USA) – (in English)
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Surrounded by Cabrits National Park, the unobtrusive design of this peaceful, hidden away five-star luxury resort in Dominica preserves the natural beauty and ecosystem of this stunning, unexplored volcanic island. The 151-room resort, with its breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea, invites guests to indulge in luxury with amenities such as a full-service Kempinski The Spa, international cuisine at 4 restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. It also has two floodlit tennis courts, 4 sparkling swimming pools, and meeting space for executive retreats and intimate weddings. The resort is on the doorstep of the island’s matchless natural attractions and is committed to protecting the authenticity of this pristine eco-tourism paradise while offering an enriching guest experience that strikes a natural balance between land and sea.
Sales Manager (Groups in the USA)
Responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimising revenues through an assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assigned markets may change according to hotel needs. The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals.
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account base or geographic area, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets, and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Adhere to the Corporate SOP’s.
- Follow up on tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
- Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of the hotel.
- Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
- SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
- Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and executing set actions accordingly.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
- Execute sales actions within a set cost budget structure.
- Document all sales actions in SFA (S&C).
- Update OPERA contact database at all times.
- Cross-sell other Kempinski Hotels.
- Understand, and follow the Company Sales Vision.
- Participation in Duty Manager rota.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employee Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, University or Hotel School education preferred.
- Previous experience of a minimum of three (2) experiences in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5-star hotel located in the Caribbean.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Based in the USA.
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Negotiation skills
- Selling skills
- Innovative ideas
Computer literacy adapted to the field of Sales:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition, they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Interest to develop in the Sales department, communication, attention to details
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving & decision making
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
Oct 26, 2022